Wednesday, November 26, 2014

BEST PROTECTIVE STYLE EVER....CROCHET BRAIDS.

Even though my natural hair is usually pretty easy to take care of, it still requires me to put some work into maintaining it.  But when daddy goes out of town, I don't feel like maintaining anything.  So the boy child got all his hair cut off, the girl child got braids and mommy got...CROCHET BRAIDS.
God bless the people on You Tube for showing me the endless possibilities for this hair style. I love it. I am not so bold to try it myself so I went to an amazing hair stylist in the San Fernando Valley named Amber Harris and told her what I wanted. She hooked me up.
1) I purchased 3 bags of Freetress Bohemian Braid Hair 20"(about $6 a pack). The store (shout out to Wow Beauty Supply) was out of the color I wanted so I went dark black (1) and it still worked.
2) I washed and blew dry my hair so that the wonderful Amber could braid it all up.




3) On You Tube most people just corn row their hair straight back but Amber did my hair in a bee hive pattern. I'm not a stylist so I can't tell you if it makes a big difference but I do know with the "bee hive" pattern, you can't pull the hair back because there is a track going around the front of your head:(
4) Amber cut the hair in half to create the length I wanted and used a crochet hook to attach the bohemian  hair to the cornrows and VOILA....


I've had the hair in for 3 works and it still looks good. I would say best protective style ever,  but let's wait to see how long it takes me to take it out

NATURAL HAIR

 
3 WEEK OLD CROCHET BRAIDS












No comments:

Post a Comment